Vice President, Medical Affairs
We are currently searching for a skilled professional to join a well-known client’s team as Vice President, Medical Affairs. This role will play a key role in helping to set policy in a variety of organizational areas as the Company continues to evolve. The employee will work with the Development and Research Organizations to oversee the publication and promulgation of clinical and pre-clinical data as well as other important information. This position will have a strong outward facing presence and will support Investor Relations initiatives by representing the company in different capacities as required.
• Lead and manage the Company’s Medical Affairs function, allocating and directing internal resources and effectively utilizing outsourcing to achieve project and business goals in a timely manner
• As part of the Development leadership team, collaborate with the clinical and regulatory departments to support the planning, execution and management of clinical trials activities
• Maintain positive professional relationships with the medical community, especially in the company’s specific discipline/product line, to identify current and future business opportunities and emerging medical and health care practices
• Maintain a working knowledge of local/regional health planning issues and trends
• Build a Medical Affairs organization, by developing strategy and hiring key contributors
• Work closely with Development and Research organizations to ensure that appropriate publication policy is in place
• Work closely with the Regulatory and Commercial organization to ensure timely, accurate and compliant preparation and review of promotional and educational material.
• Help define and lead strategy as senior member of the development organization and be a member of the Development leadership team
• Provide guidance and support and input into clinical programs and interactions with regulatory authorities as required/relevant
• Identify, develop and drive collaborations with external investigators and opinion leaders.
• 12+ years of medical affairs or clinical research experience within the pharmaceutical industry, CRO health-related consulting company, or biomedical/clinical experience within academia (or a combination of aforementioned)
• 5 years’ experience in leading a Medical Affairs function
• Track record of success in building and leading teams and strong managerial experience essential
• Well-grounded in drug development with extraordinary leadership competencies and the strategic business perspective needed to bring products forward and to maximize their commercial value.
• Thorough understanding of regulatory processes and prior experience working in a regulatory environment
• Experience in both small and large companies would be advantageous
• Extensive travel is required as part of this position (50%)
• MD or internationally recognized equivalent
To be a best-fit your strengths must include
Strong Communicator. You will have extensive correspondence that relies on you being conversant in regulatory guidelines and clinical terminology.
Organized. You’re an efficient time-manager and can handle the pressure of meeting multiple strict deadlines.
Ability to work independently and with a team: You will be collaborating and often contributing to discussions amongst internal teams; you also work effectively without a lot of support or structure.
Problem-Solvers. As an action-oriented self-starter, you’re eager to apply your expertise in diagnosing inefficiencies, determining root causes, and recommending solutions to complex challenges.
Personable. You establish and nurture highly effective relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders that support and advance project goals and objectives.
Credible. Thorough understanding of clinical methodologies and providing sound analytical support, you quickly establish credibility as a reliable resource.
About Advanced Clinical
Advanced Clinical is an award-winning clinical development organization that provides global services including CRO, Functional Support, Quality & Validation, Patient Recruitment and Retention, and Strategic Talent Acquisition solutions for pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device organizations. Our mission is to deliver a truly better clinical experience for our clients and candidates. To learn more about Advanced Clinical which has been named to Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces, Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies, and Best of Staffing Talent & Client, visit http://www.advancedclinical.com.
Regarding your application
Please know that every completed application is carefully reviewed by the Advanced Clinical recruitment team. We understand the time commitment that is needed to prepare an application, so we respect your effort by thoughtfully reviewing and responding to each application. In return, we ask for your patience as careful review takes time, and we may not be able to respond to every application immediately.