Director, Business Development FSP
The Director, Business Development, Functional Services (BDFS) effectively identifies and pursues new and existing Functional Service Provider (FSP) business opportunities while enhancing relationships with existing clients; keeps abreast of industry trends, competitors' services and acquisitions, and works in conjunction with upper management to develop and respond to new and existing FSP business development opportunities. The BDFS develops short and long-term sales strategies within their assigned territory including detailed account plans and pre-RFP opportunity targets by understanding the inside operations of their clients. Must have a long-range understanding of changes in the market and the ability to create opportunities based on client business challenges. The BDFS will enter all client information and activities into eRecruit and other systems and perform other duties to move sales forward.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Identify opportunities for new FSP arrangements
- Maintain long-term client relationships resulting in the expansion of FSP client base.
- Directly implement initiatives to help build awareness of our company capabilities and services.
- Uncover immediate needs of target market through leads and followups, executing internal and external initiatives to drive profitable growth. Utilize Citeline, revenue reports, contracts reports and other tools to target FSP prospects.
- Support direct sales initiative by creating and participating in sales meetings, presentations and the RFP process.
- Enter information in eRecruit and help with sales tracking activities.
- Set up meetings with potential and current clients at industry meetings/trade shows and generate associated follow-up.
- Generate FSP-related revenue in accordance with sales goals set by management.
- Track and monitor adherence to the client contracting process.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of business development in functional services (FSP). Operations, Staffing and CRO experience a plus
- Must be self-motivated and highly-collaborative.
- Candidate must have highly effective oral and written communication skills and strong presentation skills and presence.
- Must have working knowledge of MS office.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
This job description is a summary of the job and requirements that are essential to the performance of the job. It is not intended to be complete in detail. Individuals classified in the job are required to perform the expectations for the specific job, which may, on occasion, include functions of a higher or lower skill level than is included in this classification.